Ferocraft
Ferocraft
Ferocraft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Factions - Time for a change?

Go down 
+8
Music44
dtintinger
Urikdaffy
pinders
TheBikeRacer
gorgon2020
Fire
Beeeefy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Factions or not?
Factions
Factions - Time for a change?  I_vote_lcap38%Factions - Time for a change?  I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 6 ]
Towny
Factions - Time for a change?  I_vote_lcap50%Factions - Time for a change?  I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
Don't Mind
Factions - Time for a change?  I_vote_lcap12%Factions - Time for a change?  I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Beeeefy
Admin
Beeeefy

Factions - Time for a change?  Empty
PostSubject: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 9:46 am

This server has had Towny survival since it first began back in 2012. We are almost at our legendary year mark and me and Fire have been talking about a change on the server.

Why?

We simply have had Towny for too long and the server needs to change in order for it to be more fun. Factions is something I've been thinking that adding a more competitive, more PvP centred aspect to the survival will be awesome and attract more players.

So, if we did switch, what would happen?

We would start again on a new world, probably with the same spawn of course, all games will still be playable etc. But it would be a brand new world. All members of staff will be playing survival as well, I know me and Fire will definitely be playing survival.

Here is a quick intro to the plugin from Bukkit.

This plugin allows you to create your own faction. The more followers a faction has the more land the faction can claim. The risk for griefing is low in claimed land since only the faction followers can build there. Factions can forge alliances and declare themselves enemies with others. Land may be taken from other factions through war.

What about our donation perks and money?

All your money and donation perks will stay the same during the switch. Donation perks that allow you to make a new town for free will be the same except you start a new faction for free. However the cost of starting a new faction will not be the same as the cost of starting a new town. It will cost $12,000 instead of $5,000. This is because we don't want too many factions we want it to be so players will be more inclined to join already existing factions rather than just trying to save up the 5k to make their own.

=================================================================================

We just want your opinion. How do you feel about the switch? Do you think it would make it more fun and and make the server more awesome?

A lot of you have been playing for months and some are new. But we want to know what you all think.

Please vote in the poll and also leave a written opinion so we have more of an idea on where to head.

Many thanks

Beef

Last edited by Beeeefy on 12/8/2013, 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 10:01 am

To add on, starting a new world is not 100%, so do not worry too much, if we do change worlds I am sure we will add some of your buildings, etc to make everyone happy.

You will also get to keep all your main items, and I will help you find far places to start factions as some of you have travelled thousands of blocks.

To those donators, we are adding tons of perks including coloured text as most if you have seen me do, and a lot of faction perks too.

It will bring a huge sense of survival at its peak aswell as staff playing legit Gm 0 in their own factions, So you will be able to fight is and challenge our faction. Very Happy

I also know this sounds like a huge change, bit I guarantee you throughout experience it will be a well worth change and much more fun.

-------------------

In addition, spawn will change a lot, it will be more alive and less gloomy as staff had a lot of ideas, and we may also be announcing new staff whilst this change is going on.
So prepare for a week of changed and announcements that we hope you will all like, but please post your opinions so we can work on things and tell us what you would like to see done too.

Thanks a lot guys, hope you understand this and enjoy it, we know we will.

- Fire <3
Back to top Go down
http://ferocraft.omgforum.net
gorgon2020
Admin
gorgon2020

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 7:05 pm

This sounds very cool. I think it would attract more players as well.
Back to top Go down
TheBikeRacer

TheBikeRacer

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 9:29 pm

Cool idea I agree that we need a change, But i want to stay with Towny, I would just like a new world. I also think players need to see the staff in NPC form, So they can get to know who the staff are. So your not just reading a name in a book. Very Happy

Last edited by TheBikeRacer on 11/8/2013, 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
pinders

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 10:02 pm

Minesh that mean's I wont be able to make money for fly if we start new and I don
't want CourtneyDragon to leave
Back to top Go down
Urikdaffy
Urikdaffy

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 10:08 pm

YESYESYESYES WOOT WELL DONE FIRE AND BEEFY! *dances*
Back to top Go down
pinders

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 10:45 pm

No I don't like this idea
Back to top Go down
dtintinger

dtintinger

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 10:50 pm

Personally, I disagree on the topic as I don't really like factions as in my opinion, it's a more stupid verion of towny. I mean yeah sure factions will draw a lot more people in, but what if we had both? Like we have he towny world kept (or restarted) and then we have a seperate worl with the exact same spawn but for factions. I mean these are just my opinions on the matter. I hope you take everyone's thoughts and opinions into consideration.
Back to top Go down
pinders

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 10:51 pm

I't may cause my mc gf to leave and I then I did'nt get what I always wanted /fly I dreamed of flying at spawn
seing the amazing buildings I dreamed helping the server witch went bad I was known as a idiout always go into fights always had lies about me but if this faction thing does happend I will be a new player or I might leave the server sorry it depens but I mabe We could have a towny world and a faction world so both people will be happy that means so more players would join so people who love towny can play and people who love faction then I would be happy mabe and I would like town's to still be here cause we could lose about 5 players witch taking it down
But I reckomend haing Faction world And towny wourld then people whould be happy but it's up to you

Back to top Go down
pinders

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty11/8/2013, 10:52 pm

dtintinger wrote:
Personally, I disagree on the topic as I don't really like factions as in my opinion, it's a more stupid verion of towny. I mean yeah sure factions will draw a lot more people in, but what if we had both? Like we have he towny world kept (or restarted) and then we have a seperate worl with the exact same spawn but for factions. I mean these are just my opinions on the matter. I hope you take everyone's thoughts and opinions into consideration.
Omg I got the same thing as you
Back to top Go down
Urikdaffy
Urikdaffy

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty12/8/2013, 12:50 am

Guys listen, you will get to keep your items and money and all that and maybe we won't even change the map, fire said that wasn't official, but if we get a whole towny world as well as factions our server will be very slow and will crash. Also if we continue to be Towny things will just get boring and server will shut down we hardly had any players online on Saturday so please just listen to me this isn't just for you it's for the server.
Back to top Go down
Music44

Music44

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty12/8/2013, 1:27 am

I think that factions would be a great idea. Ever since I joined about 6 months ago, it was towny, and it also was 6 months before I joined. I think factions would be a good idea for a change.
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty12/8/2013, 3:16 am

--- UPDATE ---

Ok guys, if we do, do this, then we will regen all the towns and world so it looks like the whole world has been new. But you will still have sae inv, etc.

If you want certain buildings to keep, tell us and we will do that.
There will be a day where we will whitelist the server, and let staff on only and volunteers that want to help us clear the world.

You will keep a lot of your items and money, etc. Towns will be replaced with Factions, so if you look at it at a certain way, not much has changed.

If you have more questions, please post below.

------

P.s - /fly is still available.
Back to top Go down
Urikdaffy
Urikdaffy

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty12/8/2013, 4:54 am

Um... if a faction will cost 12K We should make our economy like Zimbabwe's
Back to top Go down
gizmo_soft

gizmo_soft

PostSubject: Not really a lover for pvp   Factions - Time for a change?  Empty12/8/2013, 2:29 pm

Well it seems to be ok but most of us playing on ferocraft wer all keen on joining and creating towns it was just starting to get fun , we have all so been working very hard on our towns to make them as welcoming and as fun as possible (well in my case working hard to 6 am in the morning) and simply stoping towny would be the end of the lovely creativity most towns had to show .

Thinking on leaving.. but I wont because I have made so much friends and enjoyed my self a lot but if we start doing loads of stuff to do with pvp I couldn't stay I'd rather go play something with more creativity like a gm1 plot server or actually draw/paint a picture (in real life) I know most of you like pvp but some of us just like the peace part of minecraft .

So over all I have voted towny for it's welcome and creativity but I will stay to enjoy my self , even if this server turns in to factions it will still be the most welcoming and enjoyable server I have ever played .

Thank you for reading

Factions - Time for a change?  2013-016
Back to top Go down
http://echorenovate.com
Cheylouwho

Cheylouwho

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty12/8/2013, 5:08 pm

Here is my opinion on the matter at hand.

I love this server because of the people inside-- I wouldn't not leave no matter what direction we take.

However, I have had bad experiences with factions and that does make me weary.
One of the reasons I enjoy towny is that it give minecraft a safe, creative vibe.
On the other hand, factions always worry me because people can be jerkwads and destroy everything you have worked for.

I am ok with either choice, so my vote is neutral. But I do lean towards towny as this is the MC I prefer to play.
Unless there is some way to make a faction safe like towny does, I will not be 100% for it.
Back to top Go down
http://cheylouwho.deviantart.com/profile/
Urikdaffy
Urikdaffy

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty12/8/2013, 5:32 pm

The fact is...towny isn't safe either it has war where you can LOSE YOUR TOWN but... no offense to you all, your not very fond of pvp, which is a very big aspect of minecraft and since that particular aspect has a really big fan community it will help the server stand
Back to top Go down
Urikdaffy
Urikdaffy

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty12/8/2013, 5:58 pm

Gizmo, you see what's the point of making your town welcoming if there are hardly new players anyways? our new player revenue on towny map is horrendous we get around 2 new players every week, with factions we will have a steady flow of revenue financially and statistically. Trust me, I'm Jewish.
Back to top Go down
Cheylouwho

Cheylouwho

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty13/8/2013, 4:52 am

Factions - Time for a change?  2013-010

My inventory
Back to top Go down
gizmo_soft

gizmo_soft

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty13/8/2013, 5:57 am

I'm sorry uri but people do come play fero and when they do it's for towny or sg and more then 2 people join every week and factions is worrying since the server will no longer have it's fun and creative side maybe more people will join but I heard fire talking about a whitelist so they wouldn't be able to come check out the server anyway...
Back to top Go down
http://echorenovate.com
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty13/8/2013, 7:19 am

Urikdaffy wrote:
with factions we will have a steady flow of revenue financially  and statistically. Trust me, I'm Jewish.
aha That made me laugh xDDD
Giz, it will be worth it. I guarrantee you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fire
Admin
Fire

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty13/8/2013, 7:24 am

As for chey, I know people love the creative aspect of the server, and someone destryingit would be annoying.

Factions is like Towny, you can add, remove, build, destroy, save, and many more. You can prevent people from greifing it.
Factions can be prevented from idiots, and you can build as much as you want.

If it's the same, why change?
Because factions is favoured by the majority, and we need new players. All in good time I am sure everyone will like it. It also gives us, the staff a chance to play survival.

I am so sorry to those disappointed, but the old world was also really laggy, and I am getting a new plugin that will be enjoyed by many, I guarrantee Very Happy <3
Back to top Go down
Tunaaa
Tunaaa

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty14/8/2013, 5:19 am

Switching to Factions, eh? While you're at it, make sure to make all the commands cost at least $100 and remove the ability to sell items to the spawn shop. Razz
Let's hope you guys can make this switch work and history doesn't repeat itself.
Also it's highly unlikely that I'll ever return, I'm not interested in staying as an admin either, so you can remove my rank. Bye again guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
FlashBash64

FlashBash64

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty14/8/2013, 6:56 am

Tunaaa wrote:

Let's hope you guys can make this switch work and history doesn't repeat itself.
+1
Back to top Go down
Cheylouwho

Cheylouwho

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty14/8/2013, 9:27 am

The poll obviously shows what's favored.

Just thought I would point that out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factions - Time for a change?    Factions - Time for a change?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Factions - Time for a change?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next